How did the recent news of Beirut and Paris affect you? What thoughts went through your mind, what feelings came over you, and how did you move through the day?
I know it shook me up.
Fear's purpose is to make us afraid and lower our vibration. By tapping our emotions of anger, sorrow, blame, horror, anguish, and so on, it can create negative actions such as isolation and a general lack of faith in our world.
I don't know about you, but I don't want any part of giving the attackers what they seek: my fear.
But it was horrific. So how can we support those in the midst of the tragedy? And how can we help raise our own vibration to negate the goal of the attackers? We can shine our light into the darkness. By doing this we support all of those in the midst of the tragedy by being beacons of love and light.
Here are 5 ways to shine your light in a dark situation:
1. Donate to organizations helping those in crisis.
2. Meditate. For some this means going for a run, others coloring a mandala, and others sitting in stillness.
3. Focus on the hero stories in the situation, and notice how many people are acting from a place of love.
4. Watch your thoughts for fear-laden phrases, and re-frame with positive affirmations such as, "I am safe, the world is safe, I am love, I am free."
5. Spread some love in the world through small acts of random kindness.
When fear strikes, and tries to bring the vibration of the earth down, shine your light.